Saturday, July 28, 2007

Almost there...

One week left. We have a lot of work behind us, and a lot of loose ends to tie up. But I have no doubt it will all come together nicely.
On Thursday, we returned to the Tamposi to mark our sites with small cairns. Steph and I began sanding down our tree cores, and I hope to take a closer look at them on Monday -- I'm excited to find out if my hypothesis is correct: that there are three trees in my maple stand, not one.
This weekend, I'm wrapping up the lesson plan to go with my site, and I'm working to finish several other aspects of the project. I hope to be well prepared for the busy week ahead.


Ps -- I now revoke my previous name of "just Katherine." Hereforth I shall be known as "Cutthroat Katherine the Swarthy." Arrrr, maties!

1 comment:

Group Vernal said...

You all sound like you are having so much fun! It is great to see your projects develope into a single cohesive lesson. I look forward to visiting your website and cant wait to find out more about what you discovered with your tree cores. All in all you all seem to be doing a great job. I am looking forward to your lesson and to exploring your project from an environmental educators perspective. (The cairns are a great idea!)- See you tomorrow-
Mary